      From: Don <don@...>
      Subject: Re: [ccd-newastro] Just an Introduction from a new member
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 7:28 PM

      Jerry,

      Welcome to the group and to this rewarding hobby. You asked about the LXD75

      being able to handle your 10 in. OTA. In my opinion you are at the limit of

      the mount with the 10 inch OTA. This is not to say you can't use it, but,

      the stability may be a problem for astrophotography. I would suggest using

      a scope such as one of the ED80 APOs that are on the market. These can be

      rather kind to the budget and will be a much better match for the LXD75.

      You should be able to find a good used one on Astromart in the 400 to 600

      dollar range. One other suggestion is to buy Ron's books. Start with "The

      New CCD Astronomy".

      http://www.newastro .com

      Best regards,

      Don Waid