60421Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Help with computer

  • Murray Hammick
    Dec 1, 2007
      Sounds like a great idea - can you set it up as a table so we can enter our data ?

      Not sure what your last comment was about "Communication fails" - was that referring to Starry Sky Pro 7.5 ?

      STU - I can only vouch for the list I provided - but as Rob mentioned in his post, we do need to know which versions of each s-ware you are intending to use

      Murray

      Robert Marceau <rob.marceau@...> wrote: It might be helpful if we could start a table of astro applications are
      known to work with Vista and which have issues. The upgrade check that MS
      provides can tell for mainstream apps like Photoshop, but is not going to
      know much about specialty products. Since this group is not dedicated to
      any one brand of hardware or software product, it seems like a good home for
      a resource like this.

      The database link in Yahoo Groups allows us to create a shared table. I
      would suggest columns like this:

      *Application Name* *Level* *Version* *Category* *Compatible* *Mostly
      Works* *Major Problems* *Comments* Starry Sky Pro 7.5 Planetarium X Telescope
      Communication Fails

      Any thoughts?

      Rob Marceau