56743Re: January's Images

  • Dale
    Jan 31, 2007
      Some nice shots with good detail and color Ron. I like the fact that
      you picked some of the "off the beaten path" targets. I particuraly
      liked the NGC 1579 image. I think I gotta try that one due to your
      image. Dale

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stanley <rwstanley2003@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I had a productive January with 6 new images, here's the breakdown:
      >
      > M1 - An HaRGB image with Ha used as Luminance and blended into the
      red
      > channel.
      >
      > IC 426 - A faint reflection nebula in Orion. I did a BRGB in
      which I
      > did an RGB and used the Blue channel for the luminance.
      >
      > NGC 4490 - An Arp peculiar galaxy, actually a pair of interacting
      > galaxies. Standard LRGB combine.
      >
      > NGC 1579 - A faint emission and reflection nebula in Perseus. This
      one
      > was very tough to get the color and could use more time in the
      color
      > channels. Standard LRGB.
      >
      > NGC 2903 - A favorite bright galaxy in Leo. I did it many years
      ago
      > but it was time for an update. Standard LRGB.
      >
      > NGC 3184 - A faint spiral in Ursa Major which reminds me of a
      smaller
      > version of M74. Standard LRGB.
      >
      > All were done with my MK 809 Mak Cass. Here's the link, it's under
      New
      > Images:
      >
      > http://www.rwstanley.com/index.htm
      >
      > I hope you enjoy them, thanks for looking.
      >
      > Take care,
      > Ron Stanley

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic