      From: Photon Collector
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:59 AM
      Subject: Re: [ccd-newastro] I'm about to smash my ST2k........Please stop me!

      The hot and cold pixel removal tools in MaxIM didn't do much at all. Instead I used the median kernel filter in MaxIM on each of my subframe right after initial reduction. I then did a median combine of the 8 subframes.
      The image is MUCH better! Take a look but please excuse my quick post-processing. Nothing was done to remove bad pixels in PS.
      http://publicmissiles.com/franku/2020_-25_f55_processed2_NGC_7331.jpg

      Of course, this is not a fix of the root cause but it's many times better than ever before. I'm still running my equipment tests.

      ---Frank Rocketman Uroda