51807Re: Newbie question -- focus issues with NP-101 and ST2kXM

  • mstr2jlwr
    May 1, 2006
      Bud, Roger, Ron,

      My thanks for the replies, I've ordered a 2" and a 3.5" extension from
      TeleVue. Hopefully, in the not too distant future I'll go from being
      a lurker to posting a link to my first feeble attempt at imaging.

      clear skies,
      Dave

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bud" <budguinn@...> wrote:

      > Exact same setup, only SX cameras.....I need an extension using the
      > 2"....or it comes into focus with the .82 reducer.
      >
      > bud guinn
      > http://www.budguinn.com
      >

      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "mstr2jlwr" <dave@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Gentlebeings,
      > >
      > > I've thrown this one out in the SBIG group as well, but I would try
      > > here as well.
      > >
      > > gear: NP-101, ST2KXM w/astrodon filters, CGE
      > > question: is it possible to reach prime focus on the stock focuser
      > > with the aforementioned gear.
      > >
      > > situation: I can't quite seem to reach focus ... the farther out I
      go,
      > > the better it gets, but I just can't get there. I tried it with the
      > > diagonal in place as well, just for grins, but no joy there either.
      > >
      > > any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > > clear skies,
      > > Dave

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic