4556Re: ST7E and G-11

  • John Smith
    Dec 1, 2001
      Hi Jim,

      Depending on power systems and grounding, you may run into a problem
      with guiding a G-11 with the ST-7E. Most often, an isolation circuit
      is needed. I built the circuit described at

      http://www.mindspring.com/~dlakey/Optical-Isolation-Circuit.html

      and had good luck using it with my ST-8E. Alternatively, you would
      need to purchase SBIG's relay box.

      Some folks have burned out a chip or two in the G-11 due to
      inconsistent grounding. Losmandy gets a fortune for the board,
      although if you are handy, you can change out the chup yourself.

      Best bet - use an isolation circuit!

      HTH,

      John

      --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Jim Rucker" <yvonnejim@a...> wrote:
      > I have an ST-7E on the way. Any precautions I should know about
      > when hooking up to my G-11 for autoguiding? It should be fairly
      > straight-forward, shouldn't it? Any additional hardware required?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic