27079Re: [ccd-newastro] NGC 3628 from Chiefland

  • Astrofx@aol.com
    May 1 1:31 PM
      Thanks Adam
      Yes, I use the mirror lock. I refocus often now. It has made a big difference.
      When temperatures are changing, or the OTA is cooling down, I I do it
      frequently.
      Other than that, once things stabilize I will still do a touch up every 45
      minutes to an hour and with each filter change. I do not have to touch the focus
      knob though, just a touch up with the NGF-S

      Charlie

      In a message dated 5/1/2004 8:57:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      amstuart@... writes:
      Hi Charlie:

      Great-looking image! Do you use a mirror lock on your SCT? How often do you
      have to adjust focus during a typical imaging session?

      Adam