27071Re: [ccd-newastro] NGC 3628 from Chiefland

  • Chris S
    May 1, 2004
      That is a fabulous image Charlie.

      Chris

      Charlie Warren <Astrofx@...> wrote:
      It has been over two years since I imaged this one, and I hardly did
      it justice back then. It is encouraging to go back and compare
      results.

      I should have put another hour of Lum in on this one, and some more
      color as well. This was the night with less transperancy, and NGC3628
      is not the brightest of targets, at least compared to it's companions.

      Here is the new version:

      http://hometown.aol.com/astrophotofx/NGC3628.html

      118 minutes: 70 Lum (14x5) unbinned, 16 each (4x4) RGB binned 2x

      For comparison here is my version from 2 years ago.

      http://hometown.aol.com/astrofx/ngc3628.html

      This should give any brand new imagers lurking out there great hope!
      I still have a long ways to go and I trust I will be equally
      encouraged going back to view the newer image two years from now.

      Regards,

      Charlie