  • Focus
    Jun 19, 2000
      Hey guys,
      I took this last night with an ap 1200 mount.  I took an ok 60 second guided shot and then tried guiding, focal length 1600mm.  I used .5 guiding and calibrated at .5x.  When I did the star stayed on the little autoguiding chip the whole exposure.  I did not play with backlash at all.  I used a bunch of different settings on maxim guiding, but didn't try to change backlash in guider settings.
      I even tried the Roland calibrate at 1x and guide at .5x trick and got the same results.
      I think it is dec backlash, can anyone help?  The ap mount manual says to depress one dip switch at a time till backlash gone.  I was too tuckered out to mess with it.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic