1815RE: [ccd-newastro] Re: Can someone let me use their M101 B channel?

    Apr 1, 2001
      You can do the subtraction in Maxim. If you don't normalize the images first
      (subtract using pixel math so all have the same background level), you can
      compensate for color level differences using Color Balance on the color
      menu.

      Perform the subtractions in Maxim DL:

      1. Open the L, G, R images.
      2. Make the L image current.
      3. Use the Process | Pixel math menu option.
      4. Make the L image Image A.
      5. Scale factor is 100%.
      6. Make the operation Subtract.
      7. Make the G image, Image B. Scale factor 100%.
      8. Make sure add constant is set to zero.
      9. Click OK to subtract the green image from the L image.
      10. Repeat, subtracting the red image from the result of step 9.
      11. Save as "M51_synth_B.fit" or use your own naming convention.
      12. Color combine using original L, R, G, and synth_B images.

      Ron Wodaski
      The New CCD Astronomy
      http://www.newastro.com