Re: [ccaomlcaom] ALUMNI LIBRARY PRIVILEGES

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Hi Linda, I alredy responded to this question.  did you get my response about a week or so ago?
      Naomi

      On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:09 PM, lindaamoore7777 <linda@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      I'm a new member to this Group and would like to ask a question:

      What policies do members have for their Alumni, specifically, if Alumni
      can use the Library free of charge or for a cost and if they have
      borrowing privileges from the Library?

      We're discussing this now in our Library Committee.

      Thanks for your help!

      Linda, Emperor's College of T.C.M.
      Santa Monica, CA

    • Rebecca Hawthorne
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
        Welcome aboard Linda!

        At AIAM we have a small collection. Our policy welcomes alumni to use the collection but on the premises only. No lending permitted. They are able to view all AV materials here as well.  I hope this helps.

        Rebecca Stansbury
        Librarian / Administrative Assistant

        American Institute of Alternative Medicine
        Columbus, OH  43229
        Phone: 614-825-6255  ext. 231

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

          Hello everyone; Our policy regarding alumni is that they are allowed full, free circulation privileges (as are currently enrolled students) for one year after graduation and then they have to pay an annual fee for each year thereafter (as do members of the general public).We have structured our Alumni Assoc. dues in such a way that the library privileges are included in the association membership fees. David York, MLIS

          Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

            Hi everyone,

            Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has worked fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a problem because many of our students commute and become transient when first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.

            Marcia Boland

            Librarian/Academic Assistant

            East West College of Natural Medicine

            3803 N. Tamiami Trail

            Sarasota, FL 34234

            (941) 355-9080 Ext.104

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
              --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia Boland" <librarian@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              >

              > Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and
              > circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has
              worked
              > fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a
              > problem because many of our students commute and become transient
              when
              > first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a
              > good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school
              > however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials.
              Thanks
              > everyone for sharing your ideas.
              >
              > Alumni at Five Branches University have free access to the
              collection; however we do require id and a credit card identification
              as well in case an alumnus/a fails to return an item checked out