Re: [ccaomlcaom] Meeting in Portland

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11 4:45 PM
      i am waiting for agenda suggestions before publishing an agenda. in a previous email i suggested such topics as:
      --ways to increase networking and mutual help on common library problems
      --implications of doctoral research requirements for library resources
      --possibility of some mechanism of interlibrary loan between the libraries.
      --creating true library "unions" with shared cataloging.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 12 9:19 AM

          Dear LCAOM Members:

                      The CCAOM LCAOM meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 17 at the times mentioned in Jim’s e-mail below.  For the Council’s full schedule of meetings and events for the week, see www.ccaom.org/Meetings.html.

          Thank you.

          David

          David M. Sale

          3909 National Drive

          Suite 125

          Burtonsville, MD 20866

          Telephone:  301-476-7791

          Fax:  301-476-7792

          E-mail: executivedirector@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13 6:11 AM
            I am too am working with a small library and the limited budget that comes with it. I agree with the suggestions of Ewa completely!
            I regret not being able to attend the meeting. I am very interested in any catologing information that has been developed for large TCM/acupuncture collections. This would be very helpful shared information.
            I'm not clear of the logistics required to develope into unionization. Increased networking and mutual help on common libraries problems is of great importance and interest here.
            I hope this is of use with your Agenda developement.
            thanks,

            Rebecca  Stansbury
            Librarian /Administrative Assistant

            American Institute of Alternative Medicine
            Phone: 614-825-6255  ext. 231
            Fax: 614-825-6279
            Email: rhawthorne@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14 2:44 PM
              thanks for the input.  electronic research resources will be on the agenda...
              these can assist smaller libraries with limited resources and
              are an essential part of the emerging effort to provide a true doctoral degree in OM