Meeting in Portland

  • emd89bz
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2007
      a reminder that the Library Subcommittee of CCAOM will be meeting on
      October 16th, Wednesday, from 1:30 to 5:00 (or before if we get done
      earlier). Plus submit questions and/or agenda items through this
      Group email account.

      Jim Emdy
      Five Branches Institute
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2007
        Where is the agenda, so I can share it with Jack Miller, who thinks he may
        be able to stop in on the meeting?

        nbroering@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2007
          i am waiting for agenda suggestions before publishing an agenda. in a previous email i suggested such topics as:
          --ways to increase networking and mutual help on common library problems
          --implications of doctoral research requirements for library resources
          --possibility of some mechanism of interlibrary loan between the libraries.
          --creating true library "unions" with shared cataloging.

          nbroering@pacificco llege.edu

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 12, 2007

              Dear LCAOM Members:

                          The CCAOM LCAOM meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 17 at the times mentioned in Jim’s e-mail below.  For the Council’s full schedule of meetings and events for the week, see www.ccaom.org/Meetings.html.

              Thank you.

              David

              David M. Sale

              3909 National Drive

              Suite 125

              Burtonsville, MD 20866

              Telephone:  301-476-7791

              Fax:  301-476-7792

              E-mail: executivedirector@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13, 2007
                I am too am working with a small library and the limited budget that comes with it. I agree with the suggestions of Ewa completely!
                I regret not being able to attend the meeting. I am very interested in any catologing information that has been developed for large TCM/acupuncture collections. This would be very helpful shared information.
                I'm not clear of the logistics required to develope into unionization. Increased networking and mutual help on common libraries problems is of great importance and interest here.
                I hope this is of use with your Agenda developement.
                thanks,

                Rebecca  Stansbury
                Librarian /Administrative Assistant

                American Institute of Alternative Medicine
                Phone: 614-825-6255  ext. 231
                Fax: 614-825-6279
                Email: rhawthorne@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2007
                  thanks for the input.  electronic research resources will be on the agenda...
                  these can assist smaller libraries with limited resources and
                  are an essential part of the emerging effort to provide a true doctoral degree in OM