Does anyone have a subscription to tcmtest.com?

  • danielkanaley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18, 2007
      One of our students told me about tcmtests.com - does anyone have a
      library subscription to this? The brochure on the website says they
      are "the world's largest online Oriental Medicine test preparation
      website." How much does it cost? Thanks, Dan

      Dan Kanaley
      Library Director
      NY Chiropractic College
      dkanaley@...
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2007
        PCOM looked at getting it but it is too expensive for us.
        Students use it independently and really like it.

        Maybe ccaomloom could negotiate a consortium fee if many institutions want
        it, but it would have to go through our presidents.
        Let me know if you pursue this.

        nbroering@...

        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2007
          I just got a responce for the institutional prices vs. cost to
          individuals. We are also at odds with the cost to the institution.
          The limited time frame that it is good for is also an uncomfortable
          situation. Is anyone else more familiar with it? Is it really better
          than spending the funds to just expand the number of study guides to
          prep for National Boards?

          Rebecca

          --- In ccaomloom@yahoogroups.com, "Naomi Broering" <NBROERING@...>
          wrote:

          > PCOM looked at getting it but it is too expensive for us.
          > Students use it independently and really like it.
          >
          > Maybe ccaomloom could negotiate a consortium fee if many
          institutions want
          > it, but it would have to go through our presidents.
          > Let me know if you pursue this.
          >
          > Naomi
          > Naomi C. Broering, MLS, MA. FACMI
          > Dean of Libraries