RE: [ccaomloom] booklist

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 11 10:19 AM

      I need to know on who’s authority were the top “100 ACAOM best books” selected?  Are they degreed MLS librarians, and faculty?

      I think what people consider the best books is highly subjective and depends on what the various college faculty choose to use for their classes.

      We should avoid this best label unless we are absolutely certain.

      I think a list of 100 selected books In OM might be more suitable.  We do not want to label it the Best Books if only one person selected them.  Would this require review by a special ACAOM faculty.

      Besides this will change constantly.

      Naomi

      Naomi C. Broering, MLS , MA . FACMI
      San Diego , CA 92108-4407
      nbroering@...

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 12 4:06 PM
        i couldn't find the original email giving the source.  i will continue looking. i am working on a booklist of OM and indicating which agencies or entities are using or recommending them, e.g. California Acupuncture Board, Nationals, etc.  it will not be a "best book list" but should show what is out there and who recommends or uses the items.

        nbroering@pacificco llege.edu

        i am attaching a copy of the ACAOM best 100 book list.  the current list i am working on will have most of these titles but will also show additional information.

        I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
        meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

        Rebecca

        --- In ccaomloom@yahoogrou ps.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:

        > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
        May
        > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
        > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
        > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
        sources,
        > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
        resouces
        > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
        > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
        > library@...
        >
        > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
        >
        > Jim Emdy

        TV dinner still cooling?

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
      • David Bowles
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 12 7:47 PM
          I believe it is a recommended list from the American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine's website (AAAOM).  It is only one schools recommended book list.
          I am also looking forward to seeing a list.

          i couldn't find the original email giving the source.  i will continue looking. i am working on a booklist of OM and indicating which agencies or entities are using or recommending them, e.g. California Acupuncture Board, Nationals, etc.  it will not be a "best book list" but should show what is out there and who recommends or uses the items.

          i am attaching a copy of the ACAOM best 100 book list.  the current list i am working on will have most of these titles but will also show additional information.

          I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
          meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

          Rebecca

          --- In ccaomloom@yahoogrou ps.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:

          > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
          May
          > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
          > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
          > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
          sources,
          > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
          resouces
          > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
          > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
          > library@...
          >
          > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
          >
          > Jim Emdy

          TV dinner still cooling?

          with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

        • Ewa Hammer

            i am attaching a copy of the ACAOM best 100 book list.  the current list i am working on will have most of these titles but will also show additional information.

            I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
            meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

            Rebecca

            --- In ccaomloom@yahoogrou ps.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:

            > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
            May
            > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
            > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
            > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
            sources,
            > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
            resouces
            > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
            > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
            > library@...
            >
            > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
            >
            > Jim Emdy

            TV dinner still cooling?

          • Kanaley, Dan
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13 4:23 PM
              Message
              Thanks Jim - I assume that the titles in bold are "core" title??  Dan
              i am attaching a copy of the ACAOM best 100 book list.  the current list i am working on will have most of these titles but will also show additional information.

              I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
              meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

              Rebecca

              --- In ccaomloom@yahoogrou ps.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:

              > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
              May
              > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
              > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
              > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
              sources,
              > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
              resouces
              > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
              > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
              > library@...
              >
              > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
              >
              > Jim Emdy

              TV dinner still cooling?

            • thorns2go
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 16 5:59 AM
                I'm not able to view your booklist attachment. When I go to the
                message (below - from the group site) it says that the attachment
                did not attach. Can you help me out. Responces sound like others are
                able to view it.
                thanks

                _______________

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 16 9:37 AM
                  i will work on it today.
                  jim

                  > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                  > http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_tools. html

                  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
                • David Bowles
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 17 1:28 PM
                    Another good source of information in compiling a booklist is from the Institute of Traditional Medicine in Oregon.
                    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\ICAOM\Library\Assessment\Resources for the Study of Chinese Medicine I_ Books and Journals.htm
                    Look forward to seeing a good list.