RE: [ccaomloom] Re: upcoming meeting in New Orleans.

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007
      Hi All,
      I had no idea that a meeting was coming up. Did I miss an e-mail or
      something? This is the first I heard about the meeting.
      Unfortunately, I will be in Washington, DC on May 7to 9th and am unable to
      attend the CCAOM LOOM meeting.

      I have just completed a over a year long journal research project which I
      can share with LOOM members, if you wish. It is a selected list of Journals
      in Oriental and Complementary Medicine. Each title has a hyperlink to the
      journals website. I am almost done with a publisher list of periodical
      sources, but it is not ready for distribution. It was funded in part by the
      Medical Library Group of Southern California & Arizona and by the Pacific
      College of Oriental Medicine Library. The journal list will be shown at the
      MLA meeting in Philadelphia May 18 to 22 and after that LOOM members who are
      interested can send me an e mail.

      If you discuss Library catalog & information systems, I highly recommend the
      CyberTools for Libraries system. It is inexpensive and has all the bells
      and whistle you need to run an efficient operation with circulation,
      catalog, cataloging and search capabilities. They can be contacted at
      1800-894-9206. PCAOM and New England School of Acupuncture and I believe
      Hawaii use it. There may be others who also have it. It makes sense for us
      to have a group with some compatibility.

      Sorry I am missing the meeting, and New Orleans. Let me know sooner next
      time.

      PS: Send me the final agenda and minutes so I can see what's coming up.

      nbroering@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007
        I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
        meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

        Rebecca

        --- In ccaomloom@yahoogroups.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@...> wrote:

        > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
        May
        > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
        > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
        > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
        sources,
        > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
        resouces
        > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
        > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
        > library@...
        >
        > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
        >
        > Jim Emdy

      • thorns2go
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007
            i will email the group when the agenda is set.  i will also email as an attachment the booklist when it is finished.

            I'm very interested in the book list. Will not be able to attend the
            meeting. What other items are on the agenda?

            Rebecca

            --- In ccaomloom@yahoogrou ps.com, "emd89bz" <emd89bz@... > wrote:

            > A reminder that the Library subcommittee will meet on Wednesday,
            May
            > 9th from 1:30 to 5:00 pm. I hope that many of our members will
            > attend. Some items for the agenda might include basic book lists(a
            > work in progress I will finish soon), journal and periodical
            sources,
            > online catalog possibities and finding material support and
            resouces
            > for the libraries. If you have an item you would like to discuss,
            > please email me through this yahoo group or directly to
            > library@...
            >
            > I look forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans in May.
            >
            > Jim Emdy

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time