library issues ahead of salem

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2013

      David Sales of CCAOM has requested that the library committee submit an interim report on selected issues for distribution  to chairpeople before the salem meeting in november.  He asked specifically our views on two issues:

      1. Standards for First Professional Doctorate and implications for libraries.

      2. any further action on consortium issues.

      (3. Any other issues of interest.. my suggestion).

      Please respond so that i can compile a report by October 25 to send to the executive office.

      the executive office no longer supports gotomeeting.  for the short term i believe email responses are the best short term solution.

      thanks

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2013
        My responses are below in red ink.
        Naomi Broering

        On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM, <librarian@...> wrote:

        David Sales of CCAOM has requested that the library committee submit an interim report on selected issues for distribution  to chairpeople before the salem meeting in november.  He asked specifically our views on two issues:

        1. Standards for First Professional Doctorate and implications for libraries.

        We use APA for bibliographic references.
        Library maintains a copy of capstone or doctoral dis in print or electronic format.
        Would be useful, if there was a standard form for all libraries to follow for copyright purposes.

        2. any further action on consortium issues.

        Try to get a consortium of our  libraries to join SCLEC consortium for database discounts.

        (3. Any other issues of interest.. my suggestion).

        It would be helpful if our libraries made their online catalog or library webpage available for public access and to support resource sharing.

        We use Cybertools for Libraries, excellent system. They now have a link resolver too. Low price.

        And NLM DOCline, and EFTS for resource sharing of ILLs.  You can also join MEDLIB for free.