Re: [ccaomlcaom] Post on CCAOM.net

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2013
      ovid Chinese collection runs about $6900 based on estimate for five branches university, 400 student count. negotiations as a group of libraries through SCELC might reduce that cost.  Other smaller databases, e.g. evidence-based, run 2900.

      On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Daniele Perez-Venero <dperezvenero@...> wrote:

       Is any price quoted for that collection of e-books yet?
      Thank you.

      Daniele Perez-Venero, MLIS
      Health Sciences Librarian/Faculty
      Acupuncture & Massage College
      10506 N. Kendall Drive
      Miami, FL 33176
      Tel.: 305-595-9500

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013

        Just to be super-clear, what my school is interested in is the western medical ebook collection, not necessarily the Chinese medicine collection. We want to get rid of our (out of date) western medical books to make more room for more acupuncture and herbs books!

        352.335.2332 | acupuncturist.edu

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
          for the western collection you might want to look at the Thieme (German company) eBook collection...about 100 titles.  Someone said their price was around $4000.

          On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Andi Houston <andi.houston@...> wrote:

          Just to be super-clear, what my school is interested in is the western medical ebook collection, not necessarily the Chinese medicine collection. We want to get rid of our (out of date) western medical books to make more room for more acupuncture and herbs books!

          352.335.2332 | acupuncturist.edu

          I have started a “discussion” on ccaom.net regarding the electronic book consortium. Our school is excited about this, let’s get moving!

          Please read and reply here:

        • Daniele Perez-Venero
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
            Thank you for the information. Sorry to have taken so long to answer but I was away.
            We are a very small library so I doubt we can afford it :-(