Post on CCAOM.net

  • Andi Houston
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2013

      Hey everyone,

      I have started a “discussion” on ccaom.net regarding the electronic book consortium. Our school is excited about this, let’s get moving!

      Please read and reply here:

      http://ccaom.net/content/electronic-library-consortium

      352.335.2332 | acupuncturist.edu

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2013
          Naomi -- for some reason that link breaks up when you click on it. If you just remove the space in the URL, it should work. Or try this: http://ccaom.net/content/electronic-library-consortium

          Candise Branum, MLS
          Director of Library Services
          Oregon
          College of Oriental Medicine
          75 NW Couch Street
          Portland, OR 97209
          503-253-3443 ext.134

          On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Naomi Broering <NBROERING@...> wrote:

          Sounds good, I tried to get you your repy plage and got nowhere.
          Naomi

          On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Andi Houston <andi.houston@...> wrote:

          Hey everyone,

          I have started a “discussion” on ccaom.net regarding the electronic book consortium. Our school is excited about this, let’s get moving!

          Please read and reply here:

          http://ccaom.net/content/electronic-library-consortium

          352.335.2332 | acupuncturist.edu

        • Daniele Perez-Venero
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7, 2013
             Is any price quoted for that collection of e-books yet?
            Thank you.

            Daniele Perez-Venero, MLIS
            Health Sciences Librarian/Faculty
            Acupuncture & Massage College
            10506 N. Kendall Drive
            Miami, FL 33176
            Tel.: 305-595-9500

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013

                Just to be super-clear, what my school is interested in is the western medical ebook collection, not necessarily the Chinese medicine collection. We want to get rid of our (out of date) western medical books to make more room for more acupuncture and herbs books!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
                  for the western collection you might want to look at the Thieme (German company) eBook collection...about 100 titles.  Someone said their price was around $4000.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
                    Thank you for the information. Sorry to have taken so long to answer but I was away.
                    We are a very small library so I doubt we can afford it :-(