scelc membership

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012
      Membership for non-California libraries
      :
      I am chair of the Libraby committee of the CCAOM (Council of colleges of acupuncture and oriental medicine). Our medical libraries vary in size and services offered and are linked through a Yahoo user group and semi-annual meetings. As a group we are seeking to purchase relevant databases, possibly at a group discount. Some libraries are in California, others are not. Can non-California libraries join SCELC? Can we as a group of libraries (perhaps working under a Memorandum of Understanding regarding responsibilities, etc) work through SCELC to facilitate access to for-fee databases?

      Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, I believe, is currently a member.

      James Wiser jwiser@...
      Nov 28 (1 day ago)

      James,

      Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, non-California institutions can join SCELC as an affiliate. To learn more, simply visit this link:

      http://scelc.org/application

      Each institution would need to join as an affiliate, and then they would join our larger pool for discounts.

      I hope this answers your question -- if not, please let me know!