ebook question

  • holisticlibrarian
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
      Hello everyone:

      We are currently re-examining the idea of obtaining ebooks through EBSCO. In the past we have not found the titles we needed using their service. Is there a service or vendor that you use that you would recommend? How do ebooks work in your Library? I'd appreciate knowing more about this if you have a moment. Thank you.

      Best,

      Jenifer

      Jenifer Kirin
      Directory of Library Services
      Sherman Cohn Library
      Tai Sophia Institute
      (410) 888-9048 x6645
      http://www.tai.edu/ResourcesLibrary.aspx
    • Candise Branum
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
        I'm in the same boat as you. We are looking at acquiring ebooks in the next fiscal year. I'm looking at EBSCO and OVID's TCM book collection. The OVID selection is really good (although most of the books we already carry in print) and are perpetual access, but are not available for download to personal devices. From what I understand, EBSCO does allow for downloading. Some things to think about... I'd love to hear what you decide on.

        Candise Branum, MLS
        College Librarian
        Oregon
        College of Oriental Medicine