amended agenda for chicago

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2012
      AGENDA FOR LCAOM MEETING, CHICAGO 2012
      The meeting of the library committee of CCAOM takes place on April 26, Thursday, 6:30 pm CST at the North Shore Westin in the Maple Room.

      1. Consideration of the accreditation document, which may be ready for a vote by the full council to submit ti ACAOM. The document is in the files section of the LCAOM Yahoo group.

      2. Informational discussion of using mixed method qualitative/quantitative research methods in Oriental medicine.
      Articles on qualitative-quantitative research methods
      http://mmr.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/1/1/77
      Mixed Methods Sampling: A Typology With Examples.
      From Journal of Mixed Methods Research 2007; 1; 77, by
      Charles Teddlie and Fen Yu
      http://ptjournal.apta.org/content/early/2008/11/13/ptj.20070236.full.pdf
      Advancements in..physical therapy research:use of mixed methods
      From Physical Therapy, Online publication November 2008, by Lauren Rauscher and Bruce Greenfield

      3. Discussion of OM libraries and social media: does your library have a facebook account?

      4. Role of libraries in researching/maintaining information on herbal compounds, vendor reliability, etc. Response to a queries from the Herbal Committee at the Safety Harbor meeting.

      5. Progress report on library committee presence in CCAOM.NET.
      Two documents are available from the CCAOM.NET page. I am working on other aspects of the site.

      6. Consideration of past unresolved issues, e.g. formation of a consortium. On this issue I feel that if we are to proceed, we need a fully involved committee to work on this. We need a strong lead person to move forward on this. The chair person will act as coordinator. WE should establish a full set of documentation on what responsibilities the lead person should take on.
      7. Question: does your institution support online test prep software? What is the library's role in preparing students for these tests?

      Supporting documents will be provided as needed. Please comment and make suggestions. Thank you.