RE: [ccaomlcaom] item for chicago meeting: mixed method research

  • Rick Severson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2012

    Attached is an article from Drexel University regarding the paradigm shift in accreditation and assessment of libraries, from the old model of attending to “inputs” (how many books, hours of operation, staffing, etc.) to the new model of attending to “outputs” (how well does the library contribute to student success regarding learning outcomes in the curricula, particularly in the areas of critical thinking and information literacy?).  All the best,  Rick Severson, NCNM library

    Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012

      What is the agenda item?  Why are we looking at these two research methods?  Are we looking to compare the two methods to evaluate a library?  Is the discussion just to educate us on the types of survey methods we could/should use? I would not think it to our advantage to have an accrediting body tell us which type of survey to use. :-)

      Bethyn

      Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Library Director

      Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012
        the item on research methods is intended to be informational only.  it has nothing to do with specific requirements for survey methods.

        Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012

          I found the links and references very informative.  The article re: Drexel libraries was of particular interest.

          Thank you.