RE: [ccaomlcaom] What ILS do you use?

  • Library
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011

      Hello, Andi:

      Our library uses LibraryWorld (libraryworld.com), but I do not recommend it.  While it works on a very basic level (checking items in and out), it is not truly an ILS.  For example, you must go through a lot of steps to place a reserve on an item for a patron, and then often you are not flagged that there is a reserve when you check the item in.  Also, I’ve encountered several bugs that the company is working on fixing some day, such as a bug that causes the catalog to calculate fines incorrectly after daylight savings time goes into effect.  The company mostly communicates through email and is fairly responsive in general, but I’ve found they often do not have a definite answer or a solution to problems I’ve run into.  I, too, am interested in hearing from others regarding a reliable ILS.

      I hope this information helps.

      All the best,

      Andrea Anzalone, MLIS

      Library Manager

      Yo San University

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
          Andi,
          Yes, I believe, I mentioned that the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine all 3 campuses use Cybertools and we love it.  We have used it since 2002 at SD campus and the other two joined in around 2004.
          You get the very best authoritative cataloging and bibliographic system for your books, journals, CDs and Dvds, etc. We use all the features, the circulation, cataloging, reference, online cat, etc.  It is all Internet based too.

          They are very sensitive to your needs and provide good training also.  They answer questons very promptly, too.

          I believe you will find it to be a great bargain.
          Many medical libraries use Cybertools.  Let me know if you have any more questions. They have a Users group.