Re: [ccaomlcaom] Top Five recommended databases?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      Andi,
      Here are the top databases we use At Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.

      MedlinePlus- Free NLM
      PubMed- Free NLM
      AltHealthWatch- EBSCO subscription
      Medline with Full Text- EBSCO subscription
      EJS online journals,  selected titles only- EBSCO subscription

      Considering CINAHL, but many titles are duplicated in many of the above databases.

      On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM, andi.houston <andi.houston@...> wrote:
      I am a brand-new member of the list, library coordinator for Academy for Five Element Acupuncture in Gainesville, FL.

      We are interested in offering medical research databases to our students but not sure where to start. I have read the Overview of 45 published CAM databases paper in the files area, which was a huge help. If you had to choose only five databases to offer, which five would you choose? Which do your students get the most use out of?

      I appreciate any help you all are willing to offer.

      acupuncturist.edu

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        go to five branches university website. select current students; select libraryand research; cliick on link to online catalog,. many databases will show up under "research"; checkout: acubriefs.com; pubmed; cochrane database; at bottom of page click on plane tree library and look at their databases

        On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM, andi.houston <andi.houston@...> wrote:

        I am a brand-new member of the list, library coordinator for Academy for Five Element Acupuncture in Gainesville, FL.

        We are interested in offering medical research databases to our students but not sure where to start. I have read the Overview of 45 published CAM databases paper in the files area, which was a huge help. If you had to choose only five databases to offer, which five would you choose? Which do your students get the most use out of?

        I appreciate any help you all are willing to offer.

        acupuncturist.edu

      • Daniele Perez-Venero
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2011
          I also use the "Health Reference Center Academic" from Gale.
          It has a lot of good full text journals that are free to you if you access the database through a Florida Public Library or from the "Florida Electronic Library" site.

          Daniele Perez-Venero, MLIS
          Acupuncture & Massage College
          Miami, FL