Agenda for Asheville meeting
- Agenda LCAOM for Asheville NC, Wednesday, November 3rd, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
1. Review of April meeting notes and committee reports (if any) on terminology and consortium.
2. Discussion of library role in student/practitioner literary competency. examples from Five Branches University.
3. Discussion of databases for finding practitioners of OM, location and qualifications.
Recently someone from a Western Medical Library asked about checking qualifications of OM practitioners. Are there regional or national databases which provide this? The state of California has a directory for California doctors.
I have found two sites to look at. Please review these sites and recommend other sources. we will discuss this fully in Asheville in November
Practitioner Member - OMclinic.org
Section of:OMclinic.org: Oriental Medicine Clinics
This site may offer information about certified practitioners of Oriental Medicine in North America.
We help people find qualified acupuncture practitioners. Like Google® (but just for acupuncturists). All qualified acupuncturists are listed in our public directory FREE.
lists practitioners by area ( list only no links to names). search for santa cruz California netted several non santa cruz listings.
NCCAOM publishes contact information of practitioners who are nationally certified in Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology,and Asian Bodywork Therapy.
Individuals certified in Oriental Medicine have met requirements for board certification in both Acupuncture AND Chinese Herbology.
A search for a practitioner can be conducted via NCCAOM's Public Registry (formally the Directory of Diplomates).
4. Example of collaboration between OM and WestMed libraroes- Five Branches University and Plane Tree
5. Evaluation of overall role of the Library Committee. What relation does it have to the Research Committee? Should member of library committee sit in on Research committee meeting?
We hope to have a telephone connection to facilitate participation from other interested parties who cannot attend in person
Please add any addition items via email.