practitioner guides

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Recently someone from a Western Medical Library asked about checking qualifications of OM practitioners. Are there regional or national databases which provide this? The state of California has a directory for California doctors.

      I have found two sites to look at. Please review these sites and recommend other sources. we will discuss this fully in Asheville in November
      1)
      http://omclinic.org/member-practitioner.php
      Practitioner Member - OMclinic.org
      Section of:OMclinic.org: Oriental Medicine Clinics

      this site may offer information about certified practitioners of Oriental Medicine in North America.
      We help people find qualified acupuncture practitioners. Like Google® (but just for acupuncturists). All qualified acupuncturists are listed in our public directory FREE.

      lists practitioners by area ( list only no links to names). search for santa cruz California netted several non santa cruz listings.
      2)
      NCAOM
      http://www.nccaom.org/find/index.html

      NCCAOM publishes contact information of practitioners who are nationally certified in Oriental Medicine, Acupuncture, Chinese Herbology,and Asian Bodywork Therapy.
      Individuals certified in Oriental Medicine have met requirements for board certification in both Acupuncture AND Chinese Herbology.
      A search for a practitioner can be conducted via NCCAOM's Public Registry (formally the Directory of Diplomates).