Re: [ccaomlcaom] article about CAM databases

  • Daniele Perez-Venero
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 9, 2010
      Sorry about that, it was sent as a PDF attachment at the end. I don't know why it didn't work. The title of the article (found in Medline PubMed) is:

      An overview of 45 published database resources for complementary and alternative medicine.

      I will try to send it again by going a different way.
      Daniele

        [Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

        Hello,

        You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
        Best wishes,
        Daniele Perez-Venero
        dperezvenero@ yahoo.com

        Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero

        1 of 1 File(s)

      • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 10, 2010

          In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.

          Thanks,

          Bethyn
          Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media

          [Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

          Hello,

          You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
          Best wishes,
          Daniele Perez-Venero
          dperezvenero@ yahoo.com

          Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero

          1 of 1 File(s)

          Error! Filename not specified.

        • Daniele
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010
            You are right! I did not think about that. Sorry.
            Daniele

            --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S." <bboni@...> wrote:

            > In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Bethyn
            > Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media
            > New York Chiropractic College
            > 2360 State Route 89
            > Seneca Falls, New York 13148

          • Daniele
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010
              You are right! I should have thought about that. Sorry, it won't happen again :-(

            • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010

                :-)   It’s OK - it’s part of our nature to always want to help everyone!   I’m just more sensitive to the issue as I’m the lucky(!?) librarian who gets to keep reminding our faculty and students about the perils and pitfalls of copyright.

                Oh, and...I sent my request to our ILL person so I can get a copy.

                Boehm, K., Raak, C., Vollmar, H. C. and Ostermann, T. (2010), An overview of 45 published database resources for complementary and alternative medicine. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 27: 93–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2010.00888.x

                href="https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12a43d8204b4816a_TopText">https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12a43d8204b4816a_TopText> from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

                href="http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/15364377/1503340109/name/ra.pdf">http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/15364377/1503340109/name/ra.pdf>

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010

                  Hello everybody: I’ve found the citation-located the abstract only to find a 12 month vendor moratorium-so sorry-not much help!

                  David York, MLIS, Librarian

                  The Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

                  2700 West Anderson Lane, Suite 512

                  Austin , Texas   78757

                  Direct Line - (512) 492-3032

                  Ma in number - (512) 454-1188 ext. 232

                  Fax - (512) 454-7001

                  dyork@...

                  www.aoma.edu

                  Transforming Lives and Communities Through Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine

                  Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

                  Transforming Lives and Communities through
                  Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine.

                  This message, including attachments, contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any use by others is strictly prohibited. Do not disseminate, distribute or copy this email without permission. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake, and delete this email from your system.

                  You are right! I did not think about that. Sorry.
                  Daniele

                  --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S." <bboni@...> wrote:

                  > In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not
                  have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.

                  > Thanks,
                  > Bethyn
                  > Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media
                  > New York Chiropractic College
                  > 2360 State Route
                  89
                  > Seneca Falls, New York 13148

                  101
                  > San Diego, CA 92108
                  > Ph: 619-574-6909 ext 134
                  > Fax: 619-574-6641

                • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 11 7:48 AM

                    Don’t feel badly - it’s part of our psyche as librarians to want to share :-)

                    Bethyn
                    Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Library Director

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 11 1:04 PM
                      there should be a copy of this article in the Yahoo LCAOM group under "files"

                    • Daniele Perez-Venero
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 13 1:11 PM
                        Very nice of you to write these kind words. Yes, my intentions were good :-)
                        Since my original message in August 2010  the article has been added  by someone for the group to see under "files".
                        Daniele