article about CAM databases

  • Daniele Perez-Venero
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 176 KB
    Hello,

    You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
    Best wishes,
    Daniele Perez-Venero
    dperezvenero@...

    Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2010
      I am unable to open the attachment, Can someone resend to me as  pdf file.
      Naomi Broering

      On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Daniele Perez-Venero <dperezvenero@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

      Hello,

      You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
      Best wishes,
      Daniele Perez-Venero
      dperezvenero@...

      Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero

      1 of 1 File(s)

        Message 4 of 13 , Aug 9, 2010
          Sorry about that, it was sent as a PDF attachment at the end. I don't know why it didn't work. The title of the article (found in Medline PubMed) is:

          An overview of 45 published database resources for complementary and alternative medicine.

          I will try to send it again by going a different way.
          Daniele

            [Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

            Hello,

            You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
            Best wishes,
            Daniele Perez-Venero
            dperezvenero@ yahoo.com

            Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero

            1 of 1 File(s)

          • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
            Message 6 of 13 , Aug 10, 2010

              In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.

              Thanks,

              Bethyn
              Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media

              [Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

              Hello,

              You may have seen this already, but in case you haven't, I am forwarding you this article which is of interest for all of us.
              Best wishes,
              Daniele Perez-Venero
              dperezvenero@ yahoo.com

              Attachment(s) from Daniele Perez-Venero

              1 of 1 File(s)

              Error! Filename not specified.

            • Daniele
              Message 7 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010
                You are right! I did not think about that. Sorry.
                Daniele

                --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S." <bboni@...> wrote:

                > In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Bethyn
                > Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media
                > New York Chiropractic College
                > 2360 State Route 89
                > Seneca Falls, New York 13148

              • Daniele
                Message 8 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010
                  You are right! I should have thought about that. Sorry, it won't happen again :-(

                • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
                  Message 9 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010

                    :-)   It’s OK - it’s part of our nature to always want to help everyone!   I’m just more sensitive to the issue as I’m the lucky(!?) librarian who gets to keep reminding our faculty and students about the perils and pitfalls of copyright.

                    Oh, and...I sent my request to our ILL person so I can get a copy.

                    Boehm, K., Raak, C., Vollmar, H. C. and Ostermann, T. (2010), An overview of 45 published database resources for complementary and alternative medicine. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 27: 93–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2010.00888.x

                    href="https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12a43d8204b4816a_TopText">https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#12a43d8204b4816a_TopText> from Daniele Perez-Venero included below]

                    href="http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/15364377/1503340109/name/ra.pdf">http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/15364377/1503340109/name/ra.pdf>

                    Message 10 of 13 , Aug 11, 2010

                      Hello everybody: I’ve found the citation-located the abstract only to find a 12 month vendor moratorium-so sorry-not much help!

                      David York, MLIS, Librarian

                      The Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

                      2700 West Anderson Lane, Suite 512

                      Austin , Texas   78757

                      Direct Line - (512) 492-3032

                      Ma in number - (512) 454-1188 ext. 232

                      Fax - (512) 454-7001

                      dyork@...

                      www.aoma.edu

                      Transforming Lives and Communities Through Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine

                      Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

                      Transforming Lives and Communities through
                      Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine.

                      This message, including attachments, contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any use by others is strictly prohibited. Do not disseminate, distribute or copy this email without permission. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake, and delete this email from your system.

                      You are right! I did not think about that. Sorry.
                      Daniele

                      --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S." <bboni@...> wrote:

                      > In the interests of not violating copyright please (several of us may not
                      have a subscription to the journal) be a good librarian and only send the citation.

                      > Thanks,
                      > Bethyn
                      > Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media
                      > New York Chiropractic College
                      > 2360 State Route
                      89
                      > Seneca Falls, New York 13148

                      101
                      > San Diego, CA 92108
                      > Ph: 619-574-6909 ext 134
                      > Fax: 619-574-6641

                    • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
                      Message 11 of 13 , Apr 11, 2011

                        Don’t feel badly - it’s part of our psyche as librarians to want to share :-)

                        Bethyn
                        Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Library Director

                        Message 12 of 13 , Apr 11, 2011
                          there should be a copy of this article in the Yahoo LCAOM group under "files"

                        • Daniele Perez-Venero
                          Message 13 of 13 , Apr 13, 2011
                            Very nice of you to write these kind words. Yes, my intentions were good :-)
                            Since my original message in August 2010  the article has been added  by someone for the group to see under "files".
                            Daniele