Agenda for meeting in Albuquerque

  • jimemdy
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
      Here is the agenda for the spring meeting on Thursday April 8 in Albuquerque NM.

      LIBRARIES OF ACUPUNCTURE & ORIENTAL MEDICINE COMMITTEE

      (Albuquerque * Thursday, April 8, 2010 * 9 am - 12 noon)

      Agenda

      Chair: Jim Emdy

      1. Introductions and opening remarks.

      2. Update on membership in subcommittees dedicated to specific library concerns.

      3. Discussion of cooperation between LCAOM members and NLM PubMed search terms, including news of cooperation between an institute in China and PubMed.
      --illustration of topic terms, e.g. five elements.

      4. Presentation of printout of PowerPoint slides showing orientation to the Five Branches Library for new students.

      5. Other topics as group indicates.

      Documentation will be provided in the Files Section of the usergroup or in hard copy at the meeting.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
          Does anyone know about or use a system called Epocrates PDAmedical software .  The sales rep has contacted us to give a demo.   I never heard of it before.  Looks like it's more about herbs and drugs, not journals or articles, but I do not know.

          Is it worthwhile?  Their demo is April 12th if anyone wants to see it online.

          Naomi Broering

[...]

        • Jim Emdy
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
            I have not heard of the software. possibility to examine it as noted.

               ccaomlcaom-digest@ yahoogroups. com
               ccaomlcaom-fullfeat ured@yahoogroups .com