Re: [ccaomlcaom] meeting in Albuquerque

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2010

      Hi All,
      I am pleased to report that I just heard from the NLM last week,  They are pursuing extending the subject headings for us, with the Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Beijing. It will be a long term project, but once they initiate it, we can probably ask about other related subjects that you need..

      I am just happy that this will be done by the National Library of Medicine.  The advantage for us, is that once the NLM includes the subjects they will maintain and update the files.  Our LCAOM libraries really do not have the resources to do this on our own.

      I will keep you all posted as progress is made.
      Sorry, but it's not likely that I can attend the meeting.  I have Skpe so let me know if that works out.

      On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM, jimemdy <jimemdy@...> wrote:
      The LCAOM is scheduled to meet in Albuquerque NM on Thursday April 8th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon.  I hope many of you can attend in person; however we are also looking at using Skype facilities if feasible.

      Provisional Agenda:
      1. Continued formation of subcommittees to pursue goals of the Group.

      2. Formation of a library group in DocLine. (see recent forwarded message)

      3. Discussion of providing more adequate subject terms in PubMed for topics in OM not currently well covered, e.g. Five Elements, Damp/fire diseases, etc.  Documentation will be provided.  Per Naoi Boering we may be able to work directly with the NML to carry this out.

      Other items please submit;