- The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine seeks a motivated, creative, talented, and dependable, Part Time Systems Librarian. This one-year, grant fundedMessage 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2009View Source
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine seeks a motivated, creative, talented, and dependable, Part Time Systems Librarian .
This one-year, grant funded position is responsible for the successful migration of OCOM bibliographic data and implementation of the new integrated library system on the Portland health library consortium catalog. This position is also responsible for ensuring quality cataloging and material processing to optimize findability and access. This position may also assist with special projects at the request of the College Librarian .
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee and perform extensive quality control on all bibliographic data
- Oversee data conversion from text-based records to OCLC MARC format
- Troubleshoot library systems
- Maintain statistics and evaluate effectiveness of ILS system and other relevant categories
- Develop and maintain training materials on the new catalog, including in person training, webinars, and other methods to be determined
- Meet regularly with implementation team to discuss the project and ensure that it is on schedule
- Catalog and process new materials
- Hire, train, and manage the work of library work-study students
- An ALA accredited Master's degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited college or university is required.
- Previous experience as a systems administrator is highly desirable; and experience with Millenium III System and WorldCat Local preferred
- Previous experience cataloging and processing materials is required
- Previous experience and/or training in an academic or medical library is highly desirable
Salary and Hours:
This is a grant-funded 0.5 FTE position that pays $20/hour and is eligible for benefits. Anticipated start date is February 1, 2010, 12-month duration.
Please note: All applicants must pass a criminal background check and prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of position offer.
To apply for this position:
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Lana Thelen , College Librarian , at librarian@... no later than December 11, 2009. The cover letter should specifically indicate relevant experience and skills.
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is a non-profit, equal opportunity employer.
Lana Thelen | College Librarian
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine