Re: [ccaomlcaom] proposed agenda for october meeting.

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
      Jim, Perhaps those of us with Skype can get together on the system after the meeting to learn what happened.
      I'm on Skype.

      On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:02 PM, David Sale <executivedirector@...> wrote:

      Jim and committee members:

                  It has taken some time to get a clarification from the hotel about providing some form of access to committee members who might not be able to attend the meeting of the Library Committee. I regret that the available options, including Skype, would be outside the Council’s budget for this meeting. For a Skype connection, for example, the hotel would levy a $300 access fee to the Internet in the meeting room. Speaker phone options are also not viable, with hotel line and phone device charges and an additional ATT per minute “conference call bridge fee” for multiple outside participants over a 3-hour period. I am sorry for this inconvenience as I know that it is difficult for many AOM librarians to come to these meetings. Please provide as much feedback as you can before the meeting to Jim Emdy, the committee chair, and Jim, of course, will provide meeting minutes after the conference.

      David

      David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

      3909 National Drive

      Suite 125

      Burtonsville, MD 20866

      Telephone:  301-476-7791

      Fax:  301-476-7792

      E-mail: executivedirector@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009

        This might be a work-around-

        Is there wireless access at the hotel?  If so, then one person (or more) who have laptops ( with wireless, webcams, and built in mics) installs Skype, and then during the meeting calls others who have Skype accounts and are unable to attend.

        Bethyn
        Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009

          Unfortunately, the hotel does not have wireless access in the committee rooms. To get a meeting room to have wireless internet access, the hotel would charge a $300 setup connection and also a wireless internet router which is $50.  The hotel does have wireless internet in the guestrooms and the hotel lobby (which is complimentary) but not in the meeting rooms.

          David

          David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

          3909 National Drive

          Suite 125

          Burtonsville, MD 20866

          Telephone:  301-476-7791

          Fax:  301-476-7792

          E-mail: executivedirector@...

          ____________ _________ _________ _________ ___

          E-mail: executivedirector@ ccaom.org

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2009
              my understanding that there will be no skype transmissions.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 13, 2009

                Jim is correct. Please see my e-mail below of Oct. 7. The hotel would charge $300 for internet access in the committee meeting rooms. Sorry for this inconvenience.

                David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

                3909 National Drive

                Suite 125

                Burtonsville, MD 20866