proposed agenda for october meeting.

  • jimemdy
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
      here is a proposed agenda for the october 21st meeting in Idaho. Please submit comments and/or additional items.

      1. Subject terms for oriental medicine:
      a.current sources.
      b. areas of concern and inadequacies.
      c.suggested solutions.

      2. Role of libraries in ensuring and enhancing literature competency.

      3. Further exploration of formation of a consortium

      to be announced: the availability of skype or other means of participating in the meeting remotely.
    • David Sale
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009

        Jim and committee members:

                    It has taken some time to get a clarification from the hotel about providing some form of access to committee members who might not be able to attend the meeting of the Library Committee. I regret that the available options, including Skype, would be outside the Council’s budget for this meeting. For a Skype connection, for example, the hotel would levy a $300 access fee to the Internet in the meeting room. Speaker phone options are also not viable, with hotel line and phone device charges and an additional ATT per minute “conference call bridge fee” for multiple outside participants over a 3-hour period. I am sorry for this inconvenience as I know that it is difficult for many AOM librarians to come to these meetings. Please provide as much feedback as you can before the meeting to Jim Emdy, the committee chair, and Jim, of course, will provide meeting minutes after the conference.

        David

        David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

        3909 National Drive

        Suite 125

        Burtonsville, MD 20866

        Telephone:  301-476-7791

        Fax:  301-476-7792

        E-mail: executivedirector@...

          here is a proposed agenda for the october 21st meeting in Idaho. Please submit comments and/or additional items.

          1. Subject terms for oriental medicine:
          a.current sources.
          b. areas of concern and inadequacies.
          c.suggested solutions.

          2. Role of libraries in ensuring and enhancing literature competency.

          3. Further exploration of formation of a consortium

          to be announced: the availability of skype or other means of participating in the meeting remotely.

        • Boni, Bethyn A. M.L.S.
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009

            This might be a work-around-

            Is there wireless access at the hotel?  If so, then one person (or more) who have laptops ( with wireless, webcams, and built in mics) installs Skype, and then during the meeting calls others who have Skype accounts and are unable to attend.

            Bethyn
            Bethyn A. Boni, M.L.S., Associate Librarian, Media

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009

              Unfortunately, the hotel does not have wireless access in the committee rooms. To get a meeting room to have wireless internet access, the hotel would charge a $300 setup connection and also a wireless internet router which is $50.  The hotel does have wireless internet in the guestrooms and the hotel lobby (which is complimentary) but not in the meeting rooms.

              David

              David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

              3909 National Drive

              Suite 125

              Burtonsville, MD 20866

              Telephone:  301-476-7791

              Fax:  301-476-7792

              E-mail: executivedirector@...

              ____________ _________ _________ _________ ___

              E-mail: executivedirector@ ccaom.org

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2009
                  my understanding that there will be no skype transmissions.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2009

                    Jim is correct. Please see my e-mail below of Oct. 7. The hotel would charge $300 for internet access in the committee meeting rooms. Sorry for this inconvenience.

                    David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

                    3909 National Drive

                    Suite 125

                    Burtonsville, MD 20866