RE: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009

      Thanks for this information!

      David York, MLIS, Librarian

      The Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

      2700 West Anderson Lane, Suite 204

      Austin , Texas   78757

      Direct Line - (512) 492-3032

      Ma in number - (512) 454-1188 ext. 232

      Fax - (512) 454-7001

      dyork@...

      www.aoma.edu

      Transforming Lives and Communities Through Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine

      From: jimemdy@yahoo. com
      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:31:17 +0000
      Subject: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

      a reminder that the fall meeting of LCAOM will be on October 21st, Wednesday at 1:30 pm at the Coeur d'Alene Golf and Spa Resort:

      two major agenda items are proposed:

      1. Establishment of a thesaurus of medical terms not adequately defined by existing subject lists such as NLM, LC, MeSH, etc.

      2. Discussion of library's role in advancing literature competency for students and faculty. I hope to present a report about this from staff at Five Branches University.

      No real action has been taken regarding formation of a library consortium. we should evaluate where we are and what we want to do.

      more documentation will follow later.

      hope to see you in Idaho. Is there interest in seeking some kind of remote communication for those not able to travel to Idaho?

      Jim Emdy
      Chair

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 17, 2009
        Jim, Can we set up the meeting through Skype? or is that just a one on one communication system.  Would we need to have a Webinar?  I do not know much about this.

        I would love to have the meeting on a teleconference because I cannot make the Idaho meeting.

        Naomi Broering

        On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM, jimemdy <jimemdy@...> wrote:
        a reminder that the fall meeting of LCAOM will be on October 21st, Wednesday at 1:30 pm at the Coeur d'Alene Golf and Spa Resort:

        two major agenda items are proposed:

        1. Establishment of a thesaurus of medical terms not adequately defined by existing subject lists such as NLM, LC, MeSH, etc.

        2. Discussion of library's role in advancing literature competency for students and faculty.  I hope to present a report about this from staff at Five Branches University.

        No real action has been taken regarding formation of a library consortium. we should evaluate where we are and what we want to do.

        more documentation will follow later.

        hope to see you in Idaho.  Is there interest in seeking some kind of remote communication for those not able to travel to Idaho?

        Jim Emdy
        Chair

      • David Sale
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 17, 2009

          Naomi:

                      I am looking into the possibilities at the hotel and will get back to the committee. Hopefully, something can be worked out to facilitate the remote participation of as many committee members as possible.

          David

          David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

          3909 National Drive

          Suite 125