RE: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

  • sage goodman
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009
      I support remote communication for those of us who cannot make it to Idaho.  I for one would love to follow the dialogue on these topics.

      Thanks,
      Sage Goodman
      Library Manager Yo San University

      To: ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com
      From: jimemdy@...
      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:31:17 +0000
      Subject: [ccaomlcaom] october meeting in idaho

      a reminder that the fall meeting of LCAOM will be on October 21st, Wednesday at 1:30 pm at the Coeur d'Alene Golf and Spa Resort:

      two major agenda items are proposed:

      1. Establishment of a thesaurus of medical terms not adequately defined by existing subject lists such as NLM, LC, MeSH, etc.

      2. Discussion of library's role in advancing literature competency for students and faculty. I hope to present a report about this from staff at Five Branches University.

      No real action has been taken regarding formation of a library consortium. we should evaluate where we are and what we want to do.

      more documentation will follow later.

      hope to see you in Idaho. Is there interest in seeking some kind of remote communication for those not able to travel to Idaho?

      Jim Emdy
      Chair

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009

        Hi Jim and everybody-do we know the dates for any meetings planned for 2010? I’m in the middle of our budget process and I ‘d like to request funds to attend a meeting-or two for next year-thanks!

        David York, MLIS, Librarian

        The Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

        2700 West Anderson Lane, Suite 204

        Austin , Texas   78757

        Direct Line - (512) 492-3032

        Ma in number - (512) 454-1188 ext. 232

        Fax - (512) 454-7001

        dyork@...

        www.aoma.edu

        Transforming Lives and Communities Through Graduate Education in Oriental Medicine

        This message, including attachments, contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any use by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named addressee, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake, and delete this email from your system.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009
          Absolutely, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to participate in this meeting remotely. How can we set this up?

          Thanks,
          Mahate

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hi All,
             My apologies for not specifying my identity-- I'm the librarian at AIMC Berkeley. It would be great to participate in the meeting through remote technology. Any ideas on how we can make this happen? We have a device that allows for conference calls.
            Thanks,
            Mahate Osborn

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009

              Hello All:

                          I will explore the option of having a telephone speaker device in the meeting room during the meeting. If the cost is not prohibitive, the Council can do this. I’ll be back in touch.

              David

              David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

              3909 National Drive

              Suite 125

              Burtonsville, MD 20866

              Telephone:  301-476-7791

              Fax:  301-476-7792

              E-mail: executivedirector@...

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2009

                David:

                            CCAOM will meet in conjunction with the AAAOM meeting in Albuquerque in 2010. The CCAOM meetings dates will likely be April 6/7 - 10, 2010. See http://www.aaaomonline.org/default.asp?pagenumber=6020 for venue information on AAAOM’s website. The date and location for the separate CCAOM fall meeting in 2010 has not been determined.

                David

                David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

                3909 National Drive

                Suite 125

                Burtonsville, MD 20866

                Telephone:  301-476-7791

                Fax:  301-476-7792

                E-mail: executivedirector@...

                  E-mail: executivedirector@ ccaom.org

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 17, 2009

                      Naomi:

                                  I am looking into the possibilities at the hotel and will get back to the committee. Hopefully, something can be worked out to facilitate the remote participation of as many committee members as possible.

                      David

                      David M. Sale, J.D., LL.M.

                      3909 National Drive

                      Suite 125