idaho fall meeting

  • jimemdy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2009
      It is early in terms of the Idaho fall meeting but I thought I would put out some suggestions for agenda for the meeting.

      Here is a comment from David Sales:
      Just wanted to remind that at the Council's general business meeting in Sacramento, the Libraries Committee was asked to put on its fall meeting agenda in Idaho the issue of "information literacy." The discussion at the general business meeting noted that "information literacy" is one of the Institute of Medicine's core competencies and is included in ACAOM's draft of the re-conceptualized Master's Degree standards. It was further stated at the meeting that the colleges ought to have workshops concerning information literacy and that it takes time to build such literacy across a curriculum. Perhaps the Libraries Committee can make a recommendation in this subject area at the Idaho meeting.

      research and literature competency has been briefly touched on in the past, for example, the Fall 2008 meeting. I think for our next meeting it should be a major focus. I will be consulting with David about what procedures should be pursued to further integrate libraries in the general discussion of literacy competency, especially in view of DAOM programs.

      Please share any thoughts you have on this issue.

      thanks

      Jim Emdy
      Chair