Re: [ccaomlcaom] aprilmeeting in sacramento

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2009
      Hi Jim, et al,
      I do not believe I can attend the meeting in Sacramento.  I will try to find out who is going from Pacific College that may be able to represent me at the librarian's meeting.

      I will respond to the questionnaire soon.
      Thanks
      Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
      San Diego, CA

      On 3/26/09, jimemdy <jimemdy@...> wrote:
      this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th.  the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined.  Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

      Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members.  we will discuss further in April

      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library________________________________________
      Number of students____________________
      Professional librarian on staff ()Yes ()No

      Library software used______________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs___________________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)____________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:_________
      On-line journal databases used____________________________
      Other online databases:__________________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?_________________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      ()Yes ()No
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?

      Sample from Five Branches University
      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library__Five Branches University______________________________________
      Number of students____350________________
      Professional librarian on staff (x)Yes ()No

      Library software used____LibraryWorld 2.0__________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs___2 schools________________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)___4000_________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:__20_______
      On-line journal databases used___Pubmed, MDConsult, Acubriefs, Cochrane _________________________
      Other online databases:_____Planetree library_____________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?__Dominican Hospital, Good Sam Hospital Los Gatos; links to public libraries; borrowing privileges at UC Santa Cruz_______________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:
      _______help with cataloging, advice on collections and categorizations; _____________________________________

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      (x)Yes ()No
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?
      _purchase of additional databases; _________________________________________________

    • Kanaley, Dan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
          Hi Jim and OM Librarians

          Attached is the questionnaire response for the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
          Sorry that I will be unable to attend this time.
          Please keep me posted on meeting outcomes.
          Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
          Dean of Libraries,
[...]

        • Librarian SIOM
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
            I am sorry to be unable to attend the upcoming meeting, but I have filled out the questionnaire below.

            Andrea Kurtz, LAc
            Librarian

            Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine
            916 NE 65th Street
            Seattle, WA 98115
            www.siom.edu

            this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

            Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

            March 26, 2009

            Questionnaire on library resources.

            Name of Library_____ Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine Library
            Number of students____31
            Professional librarian on staff ()Yes (x)No

            Library software used________ none - old-school card catalog, excel spreadsheets for the catalog
            Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs____ _________ ______
            Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)____ 2500

            Approximate number of physically held journal titles:___ 70
            On-line journal databases used________ Wang Fan Database (Chinese Language)
            Other online databases:__ _________ _________ _________ _____
            Affiliations with other institutions? ____Our students can use the University of Washington and Bastyr Libraries

            Resources your library could share with other libraries:

            Is your institution/ library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
            ()Yes ()No possibly - we are super small, with just one very part-time librarian