RE: [ccaomlcaom] aprilmeeting in sacramento

  • Rick Severson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2009

      From: ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jimemdy
      Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:17 PM
      To: ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccaomlcaom] aprilmeeting in sacramento

      this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

      Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library__NCNM Library______________________________________
      Number of students_____500 (375 ND, 125 CCM)_______________
      Professional librarian on staff (x)Yes ()No

      Library software used______Innovative Interfaces________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs____OHSU, WSCC_______________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)___14,000_________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:__150_______
      On-line journal databases used__MDConsult/FirstConsult, AltHealthWatch, AMED, ACP Journal Club, Academic Search Premier, China Online Journals Medical Collection, Clinical Pharmacology, Health Source Nursing Academic Edition, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, ScienceDirect Health and Life Sciences Collection__________________________
      Other online databases:_iCaduceus, Worldcat, imagesMD, PapersFirst, ProceedingsFirst, CHANT, HerbMedPro, Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, Natural Standard _________________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?_reciprocity with OHSU, WSCC, OCOM, Linfield College Portland Campus, Birthingway College of Midwifery________________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:
      ___we participate in OCLC and Docline for interlibrary loan_________________________________________

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      ()Yes ()No (x)Maybe (I wonder about the budget implications for travel and other commitments that might be required; we have a staff of 5 and a professional development budget of $2,500, so it would be hard to commit to attend CCAOM, for example, for even one of our staff)
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?
      __not sure________________________________________________

      Sample from Five Branches University
      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library__Five Branches University______________________________________
      Number of students____350________________
      Professional librarian on staff (x)Yes ()No

      Library software used____LibraryWorld 2.0__________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs___2 schools________________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)___4000_________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:__20_______
      On-line journal databases used___Pubmed, MDConsult, Acubriefs, Cochrane _________________________
      Other online databases:_____Planetree library_____________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?__Dominican Hospital, Good Sam Hospital Los Gatos; links to public libraries; borrowing privileges at UC Santa Cruz_______________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:
      _______help with cataloging, advice on collections and categorizations; _____________________________________

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      (x)Yes ()No
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?
      _purchase of additional databases; _________________________________________________

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2009
        Hi Jim, et al,
        I do not believe I can attend the meeting in Sacramento.  I will try to find out who is going from Pacific College that may be able to represent me at the librarian's meeting.

        I will respond to the questionnaire soon.
        Thanks
        Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
        San Diego, CA

        On 3/26/09, jimemdy <jimemdy@...> wrote:
        this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th.  the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined.  Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

        Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members.  we will discuss further in April

        March 26, 2009

        Questionnaire on library resources.

        Name of Library________________________________________
        Number of students____________________
        Professional librarian on staff ()Yes ()No

        Library software used______________________

        Other online databases:__________________________________
[...]

      • Kanaley, Dan
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
            Hi Jim and OM Librarians

            Attached is the questionnaire response for the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
            Sorry that I will be unable to attend this time.
            Please keep me posted on meeting outcomes.
            Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
            Dean of Libraries,
[...]

          • Librarian SIOM
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
              I am sorry to be unable to attend the upcoming meeting, but I have filled out the questionnaire below.

              Andrea Kurtz, LAc
              Librarian

              Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine
              916 NE 65th Street
              Seattle, WA 98115
              www.siom.edu

              this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

              Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

              March 26, 2009

              Questionnaire on library resources.

              Name of Library_____ Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine Library
              Number of students____31
              Professional librarian on staff ()Yes (x)No

              Library software used________ none - old-school card catalog, excel spreadsheets for the catalog
              Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs____ _________ ______
              Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)____ 2500

              Approximate number of physically held journal titles:___ 70
              On-line journal databases used________ Wang Fan Database (Chinese Language)
              Other online databases:__ _________ _________ _________ _____
              Affiliations with other institutions? ____Our students can use the University of Washington and Bastyr Libraries

              Resources your library could share with other libraries:

              Is your institution/ library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
              ()Yes ()No possibly - we are super small, with just one very part-time librarian