aprilmeeting in sacramento

  • jimemdy
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2009
      this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

      Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library________________________________________
      Number of students____________________
      Professional librarian on staff ()Yes ()No

      Library software used______________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs___________________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)____________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:_________
      On-line journal databases used____________________________
      Other online databases:__________________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?_________________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      ()Yes ()No
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?

      Sample from Five Branches University
      March 26, 2009

      Questionnaire on library resources.

      Name of Library__Five Branches University______________________________________
      Number of students____350________________
      Professional librarian on staff (x)Yes ()No

      Library software used____LibraryWorld 2.0__________________
      Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs___2 schools________________
      Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)___4000_________

      Approximate number of physically held journal titles:__20_______
      On-line journal databases used___Pubmed, MDConsult, Acubriefs, Cochrane _________________________
      Other online databases:_____Planetree library_____________________________
      Affiliations with other institutions?__Dominican Hospital, Good Sam Hospital Los Gatos; links to public libraries; borrowing privileges at UC Santa Cruz_______________________

      Resources your library could share with other libraries:
      _______help with cataloging, advice on collections and categorizations; _____________________________________

      Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
      (x)Yes ()No
      What services would your library like a consortium to provide?
      _purchase of additional databases; _________________________________________________
    • Rick Severson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2009

        this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

        Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

        March 26, 2009

        Questionnaire on library resources.

        Name of Library__NCNM Library______________________________________
        Number of students_____500 (375 ND, 125 CCM)_______________
        Professional librarian on staff (x)Yes ()No

        Library software used______Innovative Interfaces________________
        Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs____OHSU, WSCC_______________
        Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)___14,000_________

        Approximate number of physically held journal titles:__150_______
        On-line journal databases used__MDConsult/FirstConsult, AltHealthWatch, AMED, ACP Journal Club, Academic Search Premier, China Online Journals Medical Collection, Clinical Pharmacology, Health Source Nursing Academic Edition, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, ScienceDirect Health and Life Sciences Collection__________________________
        Other online databases:_iCaduceus, Worldcat, imagesMD, PapersFirst, ProceedingsFirst, CHANT, HerbMedPro, Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, Natural Standard _________________________________
        Affiliations with other institutions?_reciprocity with OHSU, WSCC, OCOM, Linfield College Portland Campus, Birthingway College of Midwifery________________________

        Resources your library could share with other libraries:
        ___we participate in OCLC and Docline for interlibrary loan_________________________________________

        Is your institution/library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
        ()Yes ()No (x)Maybe (I wonder about the budget implications for travel and other commitments that might be required; we have a staff of 5 and a professional development budget of $2,500, so it would be hard to commit to attend CCAOM, for example, for even one of our staff)
        What services would your library like a consortium to provide?
        __not sure________________________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2009
          Hi Jim, et al,
          I do not believe I can attend the meeting in Sacramento.  I will try to find out who is going from Pacific College that may be able to represent me at the librarian's meeting.

          I will respond to the questionnaire soon.
          Thanks
          Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
          San Diego, CA

          On 3/26/09, jimemdy <jimemdy@...> wrote:
[...]

        • Kanaley, Dan
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2009

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11, 2009
              Hi Jim and OM Librarians

              Attached is the questionnaire response for the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
              Sorry that I will be unable to attend this time.
              Please keep me posted on meeting outcomes.
              Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
              Dean of Libraries,
[...]

            • Librarian SIOM
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 15, 2009
                I am sorry to be unable to attend the upcoming meeting, but I have filled out the questionnaire below.

                Andrea Kurtz, LAc
                Librarian

                Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine
                916 NE 65th Street
                Seattle, WA 98115
                www.siom.edu

                this is a reminder of the upcoming meeting of CCAOM in Sacramento in April, from 22nd to 25th. the library committee will meet on Thursday April 23 at 1:30, location to be determined. Please plan to attend and in advance, please submit agenda items.

                Pursuant to formation of a consortium of OM libraries, I have prepared a brief questionnaire. Please take a moment to fill out and share with other listserv members. we will discuss further in April

                March 26, 2009

                Questionnaire on library resources.

                Name of Library_____ Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine Library
                Number of students____31
                Professional librarian on staff ()Yes (x)No

                Library software used________ none - old-school card catalog, excel spreadsheets for the catalog
                Libraries sharing your catalog(same software)"Union" Catalogs____ _________ ______
                Approximate number of titles(not physical volumes)____ 2500

                Approximate number of physically held journal titles:___ 70
                On-line journal databases used________ Wang Fan Database (Chinese Language)
                Other online databases:__ _________ _________ _________ _____
                Affiliations with other institutions? ____Our students can use the University of Washington and Bastyr Libraries

                Resources your library could share with other libraries:

                Is your institution/ library interested in developing a formal consortium of OM libraries?
                ()Yes ()No possibly - we are super small, with just one very part-time librarian