RE: [ccaomlcaom] Digest Number 100

  • Lana Thelen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2009
      CCAOM LCAOM

      Hi Naomi,

      Thanks for the tip about Natural Medicine falling under MedlinePlus. Few of our students are using that resource anyway so it’s nice to know it won’t be gone if it gets cut.

      You should contact the guy from cm-db.com directly for a quote, but he quoted me at the rate of $1 per student per month to offer 1 pass into the database, which is too expensive for us. I’ve spoken with other librarians who were unable to afford his price so maybe if a bunch of us approached him he’d be willing to offer a lower rate. Classicalchinesemedicine.org was created by Heiner Fruehauf at NCNM here in Portland but it is much more reasonable costing just $200 a year per login (we have 2).

      Let me know if you have any other questions!

      Lana

      Lana Thelen | College Librarian

      Oregon College of Oriental Medicine

      503.253.3443 ext. 134