Re: [ccaomlcaom] Have you ever used the Chinese Medicine Database?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi Lana,
      Currently we subscribe to EBSCO Host databases which includes Alt HealthWatch, Medline with Full Text, and EJS online Elec journals in full text,  MedlinePlus,  Pub Med, Pub Med Central, Bio Med Central, Plos Medicine.  Re. Natural Medicines, you can find most of them in MedlinePlus in the Drugs section under Herbs and Supplements.

      I looked as some Chinese Medicine databases around 2003 and most were in Chinese, not as suitable for our students.

      I notice that the Chinese Medicine Database you mentioned began in 2006, so I will have to look at it.  also the classicchinesemedicine.org seems to be proprietary to a College.  Is this true?  What are the costs of these two databases?

      Naomi Broering, MLS, MA, FACMI
      San Diego, CA
      619-574-6909 ext 134

      On 2/28/09, Lana Thelen <lthelen@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      I’m the new librarian at OCOM in Portland and am looking into adding some new electronic resources. Have any of you ever used the Chinese Medicine Database (http://cm-db.com/)? What did you think?

      Also what sort of paid electronic resources do you all subscribe to? Currently we have EBSCO databases, classicalchinesemedicine.org, HerbMedPro, and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.

      Thanks for your input and I hope to meet some of you in person soon!

      Lana

      Lana Thelen | College Librarian

      Oregon College of Oriental Medicine

      503.253.3443 ext. 134