NCCAOM BIBLIOGRAPHY LISTS

  • emd89bz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
      Here is the message sent to Xiaotian Shen, at AOMA in Austin Texas.
      He is working on the bibliography lists for the national exams.

      Thank you for visiting the Five Branches University recently.

      I have examined the NCCAOM web site and printed the bibliographies
      listed there in support of the examinations.

      Here are some questions relating to materials with more recent
      publication dates than those on the NCCAOM lists:

      Foundations of Oriental Medicine Module:
      Maciocia, G: Foundations of Chinese Medicine, 1989. Our latest issue
      is 2005.
      (This title is also listed under Acupuncture with Point Location
      under secondary sources)

      Acupuncture with Point Locations
      (see above Maciocia)
      Maciocia, G: Tongue diagnosis in Chinese Medicine, 1988. Our latest
      issue is 1994.

      Biomedicine Module
      The Merck Manual of Medical information, 2003. Our latest issue is
      2006.

      Fischbach, F: A manual of laboratory and diagnostic tests, 2003. We
      have 2004.

      Pagana, K : Mosby's manual of diagnostic and laboratory texts, 2002.
      We have 2006.

      I hope to hear from you. Let me know if you need more information.

      Jim Emdy
      Librarian
      Five Branches University
    • Marcia Boland
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008

        Just to complicate things, there is now a 2008 edition of the Fischbach, A manual of laboratory and diagnostic tests. We are using it now.

        I hope this helps,

        Thanks for following through with this Jim!

        Marcia Boland

        Librarian/Academic Assistant

        East West College of Natural Medicine

        3803 N. Tamiami Trail

        Sarasota, FL 34234

        (941) 355-9080 Ext.104

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 23, 2008
            go to the nccaom web page; go the national exams page; a table will appear with a link to the bibliography fo each test module,

            i am not sure how much Mr Shen is involved in the book list.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 24, 2008
              What is is the URL address for the nnccaom  national exams.
              Sorry, but I do not have this.
              Naomi