Re: [ccaomlcaom] april meeting in san francisco

  • Dr. Amy Kahn
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 24, 2008
      Thought I'd give some of the informatin for PIHMA...

      Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals:  3500
      Number of total physical volumes:  2900
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection: Surpass
      number of staff: 2
      Professional librarian: Yes on site? Part-time
      number of students served:  125

      On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM, emd89bz <emd89bz@...> wrote:

      Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
      Francisco in april:
      CCAOM Meeting Information
      The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
      April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco

      DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
      Wednesday
      April 30, in room Spring A
      1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

      Here is a suggested agenda:
      1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
      2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
      online?
      3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
      4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
      software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
      5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.

      If you haven't yet done so, please let me know
      some basic information about the library:
      Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals
      Number of total physical volumes
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection
      number of staff
      Professional librarian: on site?
      number of students served

      If you have additional agenda items or suggests for altering the
      agenda, please let me know.

      Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.

      _________________________________
      PIHMA College & Clinic
      Amy E. Kahn, PhD, MBA
      Director of Academic Affairs
      602-274-1885 x104
    • Linda Moore
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

        I won’t be able to make the San Francisco meeting.   Will there be minutes of the meeting available?

        Thanks for your help!

        Linda

        Emperor’s College of T.O.M. Librarian

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

          Forgot to mention, Emperor’s College has about 600 Serials (includes electronic and printed), 3,000 physical volumes of Books and 300 Audio-Visuals.   280 students are served, both Master’s and Doctoral Programs, and 1 part-time professional Librarian (20 hours per week) on site, 4 Student Assistants, 1 Bookstore/Library Manager.   Currently, LibraryThing is used as Library cataloging software, but we plan to move to LibraryWorld sometime this summer.

          Linda