Re: [ccaomlcaom] april meeting in san francisco

    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 23, 2008
      Jim, Thanks
      As I wrote previously, I will attend the meeting in SF.
      We have three campus libraries, so our details would be different than stand alone libraries.

      I am curious, why do you need this information?

      1  The library resources are well suited for the doctoral program.  We added many materials in the past two years.
      2  Each library has a librarian. Two are degreed medical librarians, one an graduate student
      3.  We have a website with over 200 internet based resources. www.pacificcollege.eduhttp://pacificcollege.edu/library/index.html
      4. We have an Internet based system.  Cybertoolsforlibraries, an integrated system that has multiple catalog capabilities for union access.
      5.Total Resources of the three libraries are generally between 25,000 to 30,000, titles of books, journals, media, software, research materials, etc.
      Library space and computer labs are sufficient, about 2500 sq ft. in SD, NY. I do not have sq ft of Chicago.

      I will bring some information about Cybertools and will be happy to address any union catalog questions the group may have.

      Naomi

      On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:14 PM, emd89bz <emd89bz@...> wrote:
      Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
      Francisco in april:
      CCAOM Meeting Information
      The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
      April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco

      DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
      Wednesday
      April 30, in room Spring A
      1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

      Here is a suggested agenda:
      1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
      2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
      online?
      3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
      4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
      software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
      5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.

      If you haven't yet done so, please let me know
      some basic information about the library:
      Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals
      Number of total physical volumes
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection
      number of staff
      Professional librarian: on site?
      number of students served

      If you have additional agenda items or suggests for altering the
      agenda, please let me know.

      Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 24, 2008
          Thought I'd give some of the informatin for PIHMA...

          Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals:  3500
          Number of total physical volumes:  2900
          Software used to catalog and manage the collection: Surpass
          number of staff: 2
          Professional librarian: Yes on site? Part-time
          number of students served:  125

[...]

          _________________________________
          PIHMA College & Clinic
          Amy E. Kahn, PhD, MBA
          Director of Academic Affairs
          602-274-1885 x104
        • Linda Moore
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

            I won’t be able to make the San Francisco meeting.   Will there be minutes of the meeting available?

            Thanks for your help!

            Linda

            Emperor’s College of T.O.M. Librarian

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

              Forgot to mention, Emperor’s College has about 600 Serials (includes electronic and printed), 3,000 physical volumes of Books and 300 Audio-Visuals.   280 students are served, both Master’s and Doctoral Programs, and 1 part-time professional Librarian (20 hours per week) on site, 4 Student Assistants, 1 Bookstore/Library Manager.   Currently, LibraryThing is used as Library cataloging software, but we plan to move to LibraryWorld sometime this summer.

              Linda