RE: [ccaomlcaom] april meeting in san francisco

  • Aileen Huang
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi, Jim,

      I'm sorry that we can't attend meeting in April. For our Doctoral Program the major issue for the library is to access Full text of journal articles off-campus.

      Here is the information you requested:

      Number of titles: 3,858
      Number of total physical volumes: 5,358
      Software used to catalog and manage the collection: CyberTools for Libraries
      number of staff: two
      Professional librarian: one on site
      number of students: about 300

      Wish you a successful meeting!

      Aileen Huang, MS, L.Ac

      Director of the Learning Center
      American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
      555 De Haro St, Suite 210
      San Francisco, CA 94107
      Tel: 415-355-1601 ext. 19
      Fax: 415-355-0691

      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 23, 2008
        Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
        Francisco in april:
        CCAOM Meeting Information
        The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
        April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco

        DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
        Wednesday
        April 30, in room Spring A
        1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

        Here is a suggested agenda:
        1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
        2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
        online?
        3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
        4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
        software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
        5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.

        If you haven't yet done so, please let me know
        some basic information about the library:
        Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals
        Number of total physical volumes
        Software used to catalog and manage the collection
        number of staff
        Professional librarian: on site?
        number of students served

        If you have additional agenda items or suggests for altering the
        agenda, please let me know.

        Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 23, 2008
          Jim, Thanks
          As I wrote previously, I will attend the meeting in SF.
          We have three campus libraries, so our details would be different than stand alone libraries.

          I am curious, why do you need this information?

          1  The library resources are well suited for the doctoral program.  We added many materials in the past two years.
          2  Each library has a librarian. Two are degreed medical librarians, one an graduate student
          3.  We have a website with over 200 internet based resources. www.pacificcollege.eduhttp://pacificcollege.edu/library/index.html
          4. We have an Internet based system.  Cybertoolsforlibraries, an integrated system that has multiple catalog capabilities for union access.
          5.Total Resources of the three libraries are generally between 25,000 to 30,000, titles of books, journals, media, software, research materials, etc.
          Library space and computer labs are sufficient, about 2500 sq ft. in SD, NY. I do not have sq ft of Chicago.

          I will bring some information about Cybertools and will be happy to address any union catalog questions the group may have.

          Naomi

            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 24, 2008
              Thought I'd give some of the informatin for PIHMA...

              Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals:  3500
              Number of total physical volumes:  2900
              Software used to catalog and manage the collection: Surpass
              number of staff: 2
              Professional librarian: Yes on site? Part-time
              number of students served:  125

[...]

              _________________________________
              PIHMA College & Clinic
              Amy E. Kahn, PhD, MBA
              Director of Academic Affairs
              602-274-1885 x104
            • Linda Moore
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

                I won’t be able to make the San Francisco meeting.   Will there be minutes of the meeting available?

                Thanks for your help!

                Linda

                Emperor’s College of T.O.M. Librarian

                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

                  Forgot to mention, Emperor’s College has about 600 Serials (includes electronic and printed), 3,000 physical volumes of Books and 300 Audio-Visuals.   280 students are served, both Master’s and Doctoral Programs, and 1 part-time professional Librarian (20 hours per week) on site, 4 Student Assistants, 1 Bookstore/Library Manager.   Currently, LibraryThing is used as Library cataloging software, but we plan to move to LibraryWorld sometime this summer.

                  Linda