Re: april meeting in san francisco

  • Rebecca Stansbury
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 2, 2008
      Sorry for the confusion. I posted my comment, then realized that my school info. didn't attach to it automatically. I still don't 'get' how this yahoo group site operates!!  Anyway, for those of you who don't know me, my yahoo ID is thorns2go and my school affiliation if below.

      Anyone think a wiki might be an easier to function as a group? Just a thought.

      Rebecca Stansbury
      Librarian / Administrative Assistant

      American Institute of Alternative Medicine
      Columbus, OH  43229
      Phone: 614-825-6255  ext. 231
      Fax:  614-825-6279

    • Aileen Huang
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 2, 2008
        Hi, Jim,

        I'm sorry that we can't attend meeting in April. For our Doctoral Program the major issue for the library is to access Full text of journal articles off-campus.

        Here is the information you requested:

        Number of titles: 3,858
        Number of total physical volumes: 5,358
        Software used to catalog and manage the collection: CyberTools for Libraries
        number of staff: two
        Professional librarian: one on site
        number of students: about 300

        Wish you a successful meeting!

        Aileen Huang, MS, L.Ac

        Director of the Learning Center
        American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
        555 De Haro St, Suite 210
        San Francisco, CA 94107
        Tel: 415-355-1601 ext. 19
        Fax: 415-355-0691

        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 23, 2008
          Here is the schedule for the library committee meeting in San
          Francisco in april:
          CCAOM Meeting Information
          The Spring Meeting of the Council will be held
          April 30 - May 3, 2008 at the Hotel Kabuki in San Francisco

          DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION
          Wednesday
          April 30, in room Spring A
          1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Library Committee

          Here is a suggested agenda:
          1. Impact of doctoral program decisions on library resources.
          2. Current awareness journal/resource materials: Can it all be done
          online?
          3. Continued efforts at cooperation and mutual assistance.
          4. Internet vs "Union" connections: Libraries sharing the same
          software, e.g. Libraryworld, can share catalog records.
          5. Overview of library sizes, collection, etc.

          If you haven't yet done so, please let me know
          some basic information about the library:
          Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals
          Number of total physical volumes
          Software used to catalog and manage the collection
          number of staff
          Professional librarian: on site?
          number of students served

          If you have additional agenda items or suggests for altering the
          agenda, please let me know.

          Hope to see many of you in San Francisco in April.

          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 23, 2008
            Jim, Thanks
            As I wrote previously, I will attend the meeting in SF.
            We have three campus libraries, so our details would be different than stand alone libraries.

            I am curious, why do you need this information?

            1  The library resources are well suited for the doctoral program.  We added many materials in the past two years.
            2  Each library has a librarian. Two are degreed medical librarians, one an graduate student
            3.  We have a website with over 200 internet based resources. www.pacificcollege.eduhttp://pacificcollege.edu/library/index.html
            4. We have an Internet based system.  Cybertoolsforlibraries, an integrated system that has multiple catalog capabilities for union access.
            5.Total Resources of the three libraries are generally between 25,000 to 30,000, titles of books, journals, media, software, research materials, etc.
            Library space and computer labs are sufficient, about 2500 sq ft. in SD, NY. I do not have sq ft of Chicago.

            I will bring some information about Cybertools and will be happy to address any union catalog questions the group may have.

            Naomi

              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 24, 2008
                Thought I'd give some of the informatin for PIHMA...

                Number of titles, all topics; includes A/V and periodicals:  3500
                Number of total physical volumes:  2900
                Software used to catalog and manage the collection: Surpass
                number of staff: 2
                Professional librarian: Yes on site? Part-time
                number of students served:  125

[...]

                _________________________________
                PIHMA College & Clinic
                Amy E. Kahn, PhD, MBA
                Director of Academic Affairs
                602-274-1885 x104
              • Linda Moore
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

                  I won’t be able to make the San Francisco meeting.   Will there be minutes of the meeting available?

                  Thanks for your help!

                  Linda

                  Emperor’s College of T.O.M. Librarian

                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 25, 2008

                    Forgot to mention, Emperor’s College has about 600 Serials (includes electronic and printed), 3,000 physical volumes of Books and 300 Audio-Visuals.   280 students are served, both Master’s and Doctoral Programs, and 1 part-time professional Librarian (20 hours per week) on site, 4 Student Assistants, 1 Bookstore/Library Manager.   Currently, LibraryThing is used as Library cataloging software, but we plan to move to LibraryWorld sometime this summer.

                    Linda