RE: [ccaomlcaom] ALUMNI LIBRARY PRIVILEGES

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

      Hello everyone; Our policy regarding alumni is that they are allowed full, free circulation privileges (as are currently enrolled students) for one year after graduation and then they have to pay an annual fee for each year thereafter (as do members of the general public).We have structured our Alumni Assoc. dues in such a way that the library privileges are included in the association membership fees. David York, MLIS

      Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

        Hi everyone,

        Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has worked fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a problem because many of our students commute and become transient when first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.

        Marcia Boland

        Librarian/Academic Assistant

        East West College of Natural Medicine

        3803 N. Tamiami Trail

        Sarasota, FL 34234

        (941) 355-9080 Ext.104

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
          --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia Boland" <librarian@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >

          > Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and
          > circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has
          worked
          > fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a
          > problem because many of our students commute and become transient
          when
          > first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a
          > good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school
          > however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials.
          Thanks
          > everyone for sharing your ideas.
          >
          > Alumni at Five Branches University have free access to the
          collection; however we do require id and a credit card identification
          as well in case an alumnus/a fails to return an item checked out