Re:ALUMNI LIBRARY PRIVILEGES

  • Rebecca Hawthorne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
      Welcome aboard Linda!

      At AIAM we have a small collection. Our policy welcomes alumni to use the collection but on the premises only. No lending permitted. They are able to view all AV materials here as well.  I hope this helps.

      Rebecca Stansbury
      Librarian / Administrative Assistant

      American Institute of Alternative Medicine
      Columbus, OH  43229
      Phone: 614-825-6255  ext. 231

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

        Hello everyone; Our policy regarding alumni is that they are allowed full, free circulation privileges (as are currently enrolled students) for one year after graduation and then they have to pay an annual fee for each year thereafter (as do members of the general public).We have structured our Alumni Assoc. dues in such a way that the library privileges are included in the association membership fees. David York, MLIS

        Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008

          Hi everyone,

          Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has worked fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a problem because many of our students commute and become transient when first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.

          Marcia Boland

          Librarian/Academic Assistant

          East West College of Natural Medicine

          3803 N. Tamiami Trail

          Sarasota, FL 34234

          (941) 355-9080 Ext.104

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
            --- In ccaomlcaom@yahoogroups.com, "Marcia Boland" <librarian@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi everyone,
            >

            > Currently we allow alumni full library privileges, in house, and
            > circulation. We have only offered this recently and so far it has
            worked
            > fine. However, it has been in the back of my mind that it could be a
            > problem because many of our students commute and become transient
            when
            > first establishing their practices. David, your policy sounds like a
            > good one, having them pay a fee signals a commitment to the school
            > however small it may be, and may help minimize loss of materials.
            Thanks
            > everyone for sharing your ideas.
            >
            > Alumni at Five Branches University have free access to the
            collection; however we do require id and a credit card identification
            as well in case an alumnus/a fails to return an item checked out