65Re: [ccaomloom] booklist

    Apr 12, 2007
      i couldn't find the original email giving the source.  i will continue looking. i am working on a booklist of OM and indicating which agencies or entities are using or recommending them, e.g. California Acupuncture Board, Nationals, etc.  it will not be a "best book list" but should show what is out there and who recommends or uses the items.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Naomi Broering <NBROERING@...>
      To: ccaomloom@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:19:47 AM
      Subject: RE: [ccaomloom] booklist

      Jim,

      I need to know on who’s authority were the top “100 ACAOM best books” selected?  Are they degreed MLS librarians, and faculty?

      I think what people consider the best books is highly subjective and depends on what the various college faculty choose to use for their classes.

      We should avoid this best label unless we are absolutely certain.

      I think a list of 100 selected books In OM might be more suitable.  We do not want to label it the Best Books if only one person selected them.  Would this require review by a special ACAOM faculty.

      Besides this will change constantly.

      Naomi

      Naomi C. Broering, MLS , MA . FACMI
      San Diego , CA 92108-4407